Wednesday 14th November 2018
The Albert Hall, North Circus Street, Nottingham, NG1 5AA
7pm - 9pm
**** NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN! ****
The annual Nottinghamshire Police Awards are just around the corner and we’d like your nominations for the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Partnerships Award and the Police and Crime Commissioner's Community Safety Award.
Do you know an organisation or a team whose contribution and achievements deserve to be celebrated? We need your nominations!
The PCC’s Partnerships Award
We’re looking for organisations or multi-agency teams which have a brought together a successful partnership to deliver the PCC’s Police and Crime Plan objectives. This could be an innovative, newly established partnership or a more established partnership, which is reaping the rewards in terms of reduced duplication, increased effectiveness and sharing best practice.
Successful nominees will have:
- Made a significant contribution to:
- protecting people from harm;
- helping and supporting victims;
- tackling crime and anti-social behaviour; or
- transforming services to increase public confidence;
through collaboration with partner agencies (these could be in the statutory, private and / or community sector);
- Broken down barriers, built relationships and ensured engagement from key partners to achieve the Police and Crime Plan objectives.
Previous winners of the PCC's Partnership Award include:
||Nottingham Street Pastors
||Outreach Solutions for their 'Tackling Fraud' Programme
||Nottinghamshire Healthcare (NHS) Trust & CCG for the Street Triage Team
The PCC’s Community Safety Award
We’re looking for organisations or multi-agency teams which have made a significant positive contribution to community safety. Again, this could be an innovative, new project or a more established scheme which has demonstrated best practice and excellence in preventing or reducing crime and enhancing community safety.
Successful nominees are likely to have:
- Raised public and / or professional awareness of a community safety issue;
- Empowered specific groups of people / increased public confidence to report incidents;
- Enabled specific groups of people / the public to enjoy their communities in safety;
- Gathered and used intelligence effectively to disrupt crime and / or anti-social behaviour;
- Effectively managed risk and supported vulnerable people; and
- Promoted and shared best practice.
Previous winners of the PCC's Community Safety Award include:
|| WAIS and Nottinghamshire Women's Aid Ltd., for their Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVAs) provision
|| Nottingham Women's centre for their 'Safer for Women' programme
|| A1 Housing
To nominate a team, organisation or partnership for one of the above awards, please download the form below:
Please email your completed nomination form to:
no later than 5pm on Friday 26th October 2018
- Nominations should be for a team, organisation or partnership, not individuals.
- Decisions are based on the information in the nomination form, so please complete this as fully as possible bearing in mind the above criteria.
- Those making nominations may be contacted by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner to obtain further information about the nominee.
- Nominators and nominees will be notified of the outcome between the 6th – 8th November and the winners invited to the award ceremony on Wednesday 14th November.
- The decision of the Police and Crime Commissioner is final and we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding the outcomes.